Entrepreneur, Watch Collector
Marc, a.k.a. Laphroaig007 on many watch forums, is 44 years old. He was born and raised on the French Rivera. He runs a staffing and training business locally, and is very much involved into local economic community. People usually say he’s a very busy guy, with a lot of overwhelming passions. He loves to travel and drive some nice sporty cars such as his 205 GTI or Alpina.
Marc loves the Moonwatch community: “It enabled me to meet fantastic people and to share my passion for watches”.
1. Do you remember your first watch?
My first watch was a BENETTON blacken watch, with hints of green on the dial. I remember being disappointed after months of wearing it because the crown, which was made of chromed brass, became all oxidized! I find out later that my skin requires real stainless steel in order not to oxidize metals.
2. The 3 most iconic watch models?
Iconic models are hard to define but I guess I would say ROLEX Submariner, OMEGA Speedmaster moonwatch, CASIO G-Shock.
3. A noteworthy anecdote with one of your watches?
I’m know as the double collector! For many reasonable reasons or not, I have bought twice some watches I really wanted. I rarely kept both, but my reputation grew because of this behavior!
4. Are you more modern or vintage?
I’m more into modern watches, because the vintage market is too hard to decrypt, and there are too many many crap watches that sellers want to sell as awesome pieces!
5. I love Speedmasters because …
I love the OMEGA Speedmaster firstly because of its iconic and perfect design. Size, chronograph functionality, metal bracelet as well as leather or nato straps. But I also love it because of its community! Not so many watches or watch brands can justify of such a large and worldwide community.
6. Your favorite Speedmaster?
My favorite Speedmaster is the Snoopy Silver Award Edition (Apollo XIII 45th Anniversary).
7. A single personal item you would take with you for a long stay on the Moon?
I would bring this Snoopy Speedmaster on the Moon!
8. You just won the lottery. Do you first buy a sports car or call a financial advisor?
I buy a sports car for sure… Hard choice between an old Aston Martin DB5, an old Porsche 911 2.4s, an old Ferrari 250 GTO, a newer but still old Ferrari 288 GTO or a Porsche 911 RS type 964.
9. Where would you spend the next 24 hours if you had a teleporter?
I wish I’d spent the next 24 hours driving along the Road 66 in Arizona or New Mexico with my own Peugeot 205 GTI from 1990.
10. How many times a day do you watch … your watch?
About 50 times a day…
11. The last watch you bought?
OMEGA Speedmaster 1957 Limited Edition 50th Anniversary Enamel dial.
12. What’s on your wrist today?
Precisely this one!!!