IT Specialist (and Vienna schnitzel king)
Born ‘75, Markus a.k.a. vintagewatchzilla has always loved watches but never thought of collecting them. 5 years ago he was bitten by the vintage watch bug and started studying them and bought his first vintage models. Then Instagram made everything go out of control… and he switched from vintage ROLEX to vintage OMEGA – mainly Speedies, and some other models he likes. He collects only what he likes to wear.
1. Do you remember your first watch?
It was a funky digital stop watch from grandpa. Lost it somewhere and always regretted…
2. The 3 most iconic watch models?
OMEGA Speedmaster, ROLEX Sea Dweller, JAEGER LECOULTRE Deepsea Alarm.
3. A noteworthy anecdote with one of your watches?
My speedies: actually they brought me to the most awesome watch geeks I know.
4. Are you more modern or vintage?
I am an absolute vintage guy, because for me vintage watches have soul and character. I just love how they age, and would be so happy if they could tell us about their lives.
5. I love Speedmasters because …
I love Speedmasters because of the perfect size, the balanced look, the comfortable wear and the history behind.
6. Your favorite Speedmaster?
Speedmaster Racing Dial 69.
7. A single personal item you would take with you for a long stay on the Moon?
What should I do on the Moon? There are no watch sales.
8. You just won the lottery. Do you first buy a sports car or call a financial advisor?
No need of a sports car so I would buy some nice watches and organize an awesome GtG.
9. Where would you spend the next 24 hours if you had a teleporter?
That reminds me of the movie Jumper… I would have a lot of places to visit like Egypt pyramids, Machu Picchu, Angkor Wat and a lot of watch friends to see.
10. How many times a day do you watch … your watch?
A lot… Depending on daily business.
11. The last watch you bought?
My two last purchases were an OMEGA 2990-1 Ranchero and a Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday.
12. What’s on your wrist today?
My daily wear are my Speedmaster Japanese Racing Dial and my vintage Seamaster 300, because I simply love them.