Luca Garbati is a 43 years old Italian guy who has managed to realize his dream: making a passion a job.
An avid lifelong shooter, he started with watches for some of the most important Italian dealers in 2012.
In 2013, he started to work closely with the Moonwatch Only team. This collaboration is still very active, and will be presented soon through new editorial adventures.
Luca has also collaborated with important Swiss Auction Houses, international publishers and famous private collectors.
After many years of hard work, he has become a reference photographer of vintage watches.
1. Do you remember your first watch?
Of course, it was a gift from my brother in 1984, I was 10 years old and he was a soldier. The watch was a CASIO LCD, unfortunately I don’t have it anymore…
2. The 3 most iconic watch models?
OMEGA Speedmaster, ROLEX Submariner, ROLEX Daytona.
3. A noteworthy anecdote with one of your watches?
Every watch has its own story but I always like to think about the first Speedmaster I bought in 2009, exactly forty years after the Moon landing.
4. Are you more modern or vintage?
5. I love Speedmasters because …
Because there is no other watch with a similar historical background. Every time I run the chronograph I think of the Apollo XIII crew, when they measured the exact time for the ignition of the lunar module engine that would bring them back to Earth.
6. Your favorite Speedmaster?
I love them all, but I feel a strong attachment to the 145.0022 I bought during the first Moonwatch Only shooting period.
7. A single personal item you would take with you for a long stay on the Moon?
No doubt about that: my Fender Precision Bass from 1957!
8. You just won the lottery. Do you first buy a sports car or call a financial advisor?
Without hesitation, a Porsche 911.
9. Where would you spend the next 24 hours if you had a teleporter?
In Iceland for wildlife photography. No more watches!
10. How many times a day do you watch … your watch?
Too many times…
11. The last watch you bought?
A beautiful OMEGA Oversized.
12. What’s on your wrist today?
Easy question! My Speedmaster 145.0022, always on a military NATO!