Antonio is of Spanish origine but has been living in Bordeaux since he was a child. He started collecting watches in 1986, after he met a watchmaker who sold him a SEIKO Pilot and immediately after a LONGINES Lindbergh.
His “Moonwatch Story” started when he was 35 years old… The first one was a 1974 model, followed by numerous 2998s, 105.003s, 105.012s, 145.012s and many 145.022s. At the end of a crazy collector period, he decided to sell part of his Moonwatch models in order to diversify his collection. Nevertheless, Antonio has kept what he considers to be the most historical models: a 105.012-1964, a 145.022-69 Straight Writing, and a 345.0809 Speedymoon.
And he loves wearing his amazing OMEGA Seamaster Ploprof.
1. Do you remember your first watch?
I do… I was 15 years old and it was a gift from my mother: an automatic SWATCH that I stil have.
2. The 3 most iconic watch models?
Without any doubt, OMEGA Speedmaster Moonwatch, OMEGA Ploprof and ROLEX 5513.
3. A noteworthy anecdote with one of your watches?
I was browsing some online auction website when I casually found a Speedmaster ST 105.012-64. It was totally disassembled, but it was complete. Actually it has been disassembled by a junior watchmaker who wanted to service it, but he hadn’t be able to do it and decided to sell it on eBay .
I brought it to another watchmaker, who serviced it and 6 months later the watch was on my wrist: it was perfect, 100% original. Since that time it is my preferred Speedmaster, I wear it almost all the time and the watchmaker has become a friend.
4. Are you more modern or vintage?
I would say more vintage… even if I really like my ZRC GF 300 Fost reedition.
5. I love Speedmasters because …
For its very unique history. And then, because it is extremely efficient in any situation (even under water).
6. Your favorite Speedmaster?
My 105.012-64 , just because Neil Armstrong had the same on the wrist, and probably Buzz Aldrin too.
7. A single personal item you would take with you for a long stay on the Moon?
Precisely that 105.012-64, on a JB Champion bracelet.
8. You just won the lottery. Do you first buy a sports car or call a financial advisor?
I would probably look for a Chevrolet Corvette “Astrovette”.
9. Where would you spend the next 24 hours if you had a teleporter?
In Sevilla, with family and friends.
10. How many times a day do you watch … your watch?
So many times that I am just unable to know… even because I usually wear 2 watches!
11. The last watch you bought?
OMEGA Speemaster ST 145.022 Straight Writing, from my birth year.
12. What’s on your wrist today?
Speedmaster ST 145.022-69 and ST 105.012-64.